Don’t worry we have you covered!
With the onset of Durga Puja, a different beat in the heart of Kolkatan’s. It is the beat of the dhak and the shehnai that rings in the pandals. This brings all the joy that Kolkatan’s await throughout the year for.
With the onset of Durga Puja, the joyous process of applying makeup and getting all decked up starts. Everyone, be it a female or a male, all dress up in their new clothes to welcome the goddess. The scorching heat and the heavy downpour cannot dampen the spirit of Durga Puja. Preparations to welcome ‘Uma’ have started in the pandals as well as the heart of people.
The smell of the ‘shiouli’ marking the upcoming ‘shorot’ or winter season cannot be missed. It is a big thing as the pandals are opening for the double dose vaccinated individuals. You should not forget that your skin needs your love and care when it comes to make-up and posts its cares.
We have you covered with these natural and herbal hacks that can protect your skin from damage. Your unending enthusiasm for pandal hopping can make your skin look dull and tired. To keep that glow in your skin, try these steps:
- Cleansing, cleansing, and cleansing: Cleansing is the most important step for any skincare. Be it day or night, you cannot skip a cleansing routine. After your pandal hopping is done and you head to your house, do not go to sleep directly. The dust and dirt along with makeup are sure to wreak havoc on your skin. If you leave them on your face. Use a proper cleanser and a make-up remover to remove those last traces of makeup, dirt, and dust. You can also use coconut oil to remove makeup if you have a dry skin texture. After you cleanse your skin, you should wash your face with an ayurvedic face wash. This further removes impurities from your skin.
- Potato juice for tired eyes: As you are sure to spend night-time pandal hopping and stay awake for most of the night. This will take a toll on your body and eyes. Your eyes will be tired. Take a potato, wash it with clean water. Grate it, squeeze the juice, and dab two cotton pads in this juice. Apply this cotton pad to your tired eyes and go to sleep. When you wake up after an hour you will feel fresh and your eyes will also feel fresh.
- Orange peel scrub and pack: The peel of orange contains vitamin C and antioxidants that keep your skin clear and bright. It is the perfect ingredient for an ayurvedic face pack for oily skin. It also minimizes acne breakouts. Dry orange peels under the sun and powder them to use as face packs and organic scrubs.
Mix two tablespoons of orange peel powder and two tablespoons of yogurt. Then apply this mixture onto your face and neck. Keep it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off. This is an easy way. Orange peel powder is easily available in ayurvedic stores as well.
- Sandalwood and turmeric: Both sandalwood and turmeric have antibacterial properties. Ayurvedics vouch for these two ingredients. They are extensively used in skincare products as well. They kill acne-causing bacteria, clear the skin, tighten the pores, and prevent inflammation.
Mix 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder, 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder, and 2 tablespoons of honey. Apply this mixture to your face and neck. Keep it for 15-20minutes. Then wash it off with cold water.
- Tulsi leaves for an instant glow: The benefits of Tulsi are beyond comparison. From fighting common ailments to keeping your skin healthy this wonderous herb holds a special place in ayurvedic skincare. Tulsi leaves can even out skin tone and make your skin bright.
Grind tulsi leaves. Mix it with raw milk to form a paste-like consistency. Apply this face pack and keep it for 20 minutes. Wash it with cold water.
- Chickpea flour for dark spots: Chickpea flour, also known as besan is available in every household. It is a common and well-known ingredient when it comes to enhancing your skin complexion. It has amazing skin cleansing and antimicrobial properties. It is best for removing dark spots, tans, and pigmentation.
Mix 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour, 1/2 teaspoon of diluted lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of milk or yogurt. Mix them well and apply them to your face and neck. You can also apply this mixture to your body and do your ‘pithi’. Wash it off with cold water.
- Chamomile and fullers earth for toning your skin: Chamomile is known for its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. When mixed with fuller’s earth or ‘Multani mitti’, it tightens the pores. It prevents breakouts and tones the skin to make it appear clear and bright.
Mix 1 cup of chamomile tea, with 1 tablespoon of fuller’s earth and 2 teaspoons honey. Apply this mixture to your face and neck. Wash it off with plain water to get toned and clear skin.
- Sandalwood and yogurt for cleansing and moisturizing: Sandalwood cleans the skin thoroughly, killing germs and bacteria, and leaves it looking fresh and bright. Yogurt has a brightening and moisturizing effect on your skin. It reduces blemishes and extra oiliness.
Mix 1 teaspoon of white sandalwood powder, 1/2 teaspoon of yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon of milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Apply this paste to your face and neck with a brush and wash it off after 20 minutes or when your skin feels tight.
- Saffron and Aloe vera for radiant skin: Saffron or Kesar is among the most expensive spices in the world. It is a time-tested spice that nurtures your skin and keeps it blemish-free. Aloe vera soothes your skin and reduces inflammation.
Mix a pinch of saffron strands in 1/2 teaspoon of milk. Then put this mixture in 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Apply this pack to your face. Keep it for 20 minutes. Rinse it off later revealing your radiant skin.
With these ayurvedic hacks, you can enjoy your pujas to the fullest. Use a few of them before pujas to get that glow and then later to restore the glow.