Acidity is a major problem faced by most of the people in today’s times. Oily and spicy food can aggravate your acidity issues. Many medicines are available in the market for this, but only few are effective. The need is for people to know that which medicine is good for them and which is not. People lack proper knowledge about these medicines. Instead of just curing the symptom of acidity we should try to cure it by understanding why such problems are happening in the first place.
Often you experience a burning sensation in your chest after eating certain foods. Sometimes it can happen just after you eat something, while sometimes it happens after few hours of eating your food. This burning sensation can travel from food pipe (oesophagus) till the throat. This is when you feel, what we call acidity. Ayurvedic medicine for gastritis and constipation are available to provide you sense of relief from these burning sensations.
Some of the symptoms of acid reflux are:
- Regurgitation: a sour or bitter tasting acid backing up your throat when you burp.
- Gassy stomach
- Bloated stomach
- Dysphagia- the sensation of food being stuck in your throat.
- Burning in back of the throat
- Hoarse or laryngitis type symptoms
- Wheezing, cough and feeling of mucus in throat.
We have seen the symptoms of acid reflux but what causes them. we should know them so that we can avoid these things.
- Eating too much at one large meal
- Tight clothing
- Anxiety and tension
- High fat foods
- Fried foods
- Spicy foods
- Citrus fruits
- Tomato sauce
- Rushing through meals
- Reclining after meals
- Going to bed too soon after meals.
- Eating too late in the evening.
Avoiding these can help you with your acid reflux or acidity problems. However, if you are facing acidity even after avoiding these situations you can consume ayurvedic syrups for acidity and gastritis.
Acid reflux and GERD go together. Sometimes when you are facing gastritis issues and after intaking several medicines for the same you cannot find relief you can understand that there is some kind underlying disorder like GERD which does not let you digest your food properly resulting in acid reflux and vomiting. Have you ever wondered why your digestive problems intensify when you are stressed out? Well, that’s because the gut(liver) is the seat of emotions. 90% of our neurotransmitters and hormone are actually produced in the gut. Our digestive system is governed by the Central Nervous System, a sub-branch of the nervous system referred to as “the parasympathetic nervous system”. In essence the parasympathetic system is our “rest and digest state”. Only when we are relaxed and free from stress our parasympathetic system activates and digests. When we enter a state of stress the counter part of the parasympathetic system, the sympathetic system activates sending the “fight or flight” mode on. This mode then shuts down the blood flow to the digestive organs, inhibits digestive fluid secretion, and instead sends the blood and biological energy to muscular-skeletal system to prepare for battle. Hence, it is in situation like these that the need to use ayurvedic syrups for acidity and indigestion.
When the sympathetic system is chronically stimulated with prolonged stress, it can lead to gastrointestinal disorders, inflammation and weaken the immune system. One example of how stress can cause common digestive issues is by causing the oesophagus to spasm and altering stomach acid secretion. Stress has severe effects on the colon as well. Intense stress leads to excess secretion of hormones like cortisol, prolactin and serotonin, which can cause the colon to be hyperactive resulting in constipation and diarrhoea. Prolonged stress can thus cause chronic acidity and thus people want to know how to treat chronic acidity with ayurvedic medicines.
Reducing stress can have beneficial effects on your body’s digestive system, but is not an easy job, it requires holistic and multi-factorial approach. Psychological stress is one of the main causes of digestive disorders, there are somethings that you can do to mitigate the harmful effects of stress. One simple way to de-stress is to engage in fun activity like physical exercises, group activity like Zumba or some other dance form, then go in group talk, have talks with groups similar to your health issues. These all can help you de-stress. Ayurvedic medicines for hyperacidity will only work when your mind allows your body to absorb those medicines. Only when the body is relaxed and stress free can it absorb the medicines in taken orally.
Other ways to reduce stress are:
- Relaxation: people with digestive issues are often stressed and do not relax as much as they should. Meditation, yoga, progressive muscle relaxation, visualisation, cognitive therapy, bio feedback, good music, spending time in nature, camping, love-making and working on an enjoyable hobby or project.
- Communication therapy: communication troubles can lead to various problems. Lack of confidence is also a reason for stress. All of us aware that lack of proper communication leads to stress. Read a good book, improving our quality of life, relationships can decrease a lot of stress.
- Nutrition: not having proper nutrition as required by the body can lead to digestive disorders. Your body has specific needs both physical and mental. If you do not balance both of them you will always have some kind of health issues on and off. You can cure your acidity permanently with Ayurveda.
Ayurveda has cure for many illnesses, what is required is that you have faith in it and believe in it. Belief has strong power. If you believe then you can shift mountains, acidity is but a small disease.