Easy Home remedies and precautions for protecting the skin from damage during the festive season.
During festive seasons a lot of us face skin dryness, breakouts, rashes, dullness and many other issues of the facial skin. The reason for the same is primarily indulging in eating fatty, sugary, oily food, staying awake till late nights, less water consumption and lot of sugary beverage intake, consuming extra tea and coffee in social gatherings, aerated drinks etc. All of us like to dress up in these occasions and apply make-up more frequently than normal. All these may cause damage to our skin.
There are many handy and easy home remedies and precautions to manage one’s skin health in the festive season and at the same time enjoy to the fullest. These remedies are:
- Make a paste of Honey with lemon juice, apply on the skin for 20 minutes and rinse off to keep the skin moisturized and supple.
- Drink a small cup of Amla juice with 1 teaspoon of honey every morning to keep the skin healthy and shiny. Amla does wonders for the skin.
- Use coconut oil with cotton pad to remove makeup and clean the surface of the skin, massage it for 15 minutes in a circular motion and wipe off with cotton. A few drops of coconut oil can be applied to the naval also as it is good for both hair and skin.
- Make a papaya pack with yogurt or honey; it is anti-oxidant and natural cleanser for skin. Consuming a bowl of Papaya every morning also makes the skin clear and reduces blemishes.
- One can apply lemon juice to the skin directly to ease wrinkles and reduce dark spots.
- Form a paste of Turmeric and honey, add a little milk to form a consistent paste and apply on the face, keep it for 15 minutes and rinse off to exfoliate the skin and remove all impurities.
- Turmeric Powder, red lentil grinded and mixed with yogurt is an excellent scrub to remove dead skin from the face or can be applied to the entire body as well.
- Yogurt mixed with lemon can also be used as a skin lightening mask.
- Apply Rose water mixed with Glycerine every morning. Gently massage the mixture on the face and wash off to get instant glow.
- Form a peel mask of egg whites and orange juice. Make the pack and apply on the skin. Leave it to dry and then peel it off in the upward direction. It helps in retaining the elasticity of the skin which reduces with age.
- One of the easiest ways to exfoliate the skin naturally is to mix salt with raw milk. Dab a cotton ball in it and apply to your skin. After leaving it on for 2 minutes start massaging your face with circular motions. This aids in removing dead cells and provides tightness to the skin.
- Soak some grated carrots in warm milk till it becomes soft then add some turmeric to it and blend it. Apply the pack on your face for 20 minutes and rinse off. It is one of the best and quickest remedy for getting radiant skin.
- Apply fresh grated cucumber to your skin, it freshens up the skin or it can be mixed with a paste of neem leaves to remove oiliness from the skin.
- Make a paste of besan, turmeric, honey and lemon juice with rose water. Apply it to the skin and leave it on till dry or keep it on for 20 minutes and then scrub it off in the upward direction it removes dead skin.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water. On waking up have a glass of warm water with honey and lemon to cleanse your body.
- Have a bowl full of fruits on waking up so that the body gets cleansed after eating all sorts of junk and oily food throughout the day. It would make you feel light and healthy.
- Try consuming dry fruits in limited quantity and have sweets made in jaggery. Natural sugar is good for the body and does no harm as compared to white sugar which causes other health issues, which in turn can cause dullness of the skin.
- Substitute delicacies made of maida with that of rice flour, gram flour and other healthier options.
- Try making fruits chat, fruits with fresh cream, salads etc as snacks and party food.
- Replace aerated drinks with fresh juices.
The above are just a few tips, there are many ways of protecting one’s skin, hair and body during the festive season from suffering rather than enjoying the festivals. Follow few of the above remedies diligently with discipline and you are sure to get results.