Keyword: ayurveda remedies, ayurveda products
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian science of life and is a system of natural and holistic medicine having its roots in Vedas (ancient Indian scriptures). The Vedas are considered one of the oldest books of knowledge that cover a wide range of subjects including Ayurveda. The Ayurvedic methodologies are a highly structured system that helps understand the human body and its nature and also diagnose and treat diseases.
The history and development of Ayurveda are closely associated with the history and culture of India. The lifestyle of people is heavily influenced by the Ayurvedic principles of healthy living. For instance, many Ayurvedic medicinal ingredients are used in traditional cuisine. Ayurveda remedies and Ayurveda products have been a part of the Indian health tradition from ancient ages. This tradition has also gained popularity in the Western world. Here are a few more interesting facts about this ancient system of healing:
The Ayurvedic Principles
• According to Ayurveda, every human being has a specific Prakriti or Constitution which is determined by the specific body energies also known as Dosha. The human body constitutes three types of Doshas. Every human being has characteristics of all the three Dosha; however, most of us have one or two predominant Dosha. The Doshas include:
1. Pitta: This energy is linked to the fire and controls various metabolic systems of the body including temperature, digestion, nutrition, and absorption. People in whom the Pitta energy is predominant usually have a fiery temperament and are fast-paced. When your body has a misbalance of Pitta, you suffer from problems such as heartburn, inflammation, indigestion, ulcers, anger, and arthritis.
2. Vata: This energy is linked with space and air and controls our body functions linked with movement. This includes blood circulation and breathing. People who are lively and creative are said to have a predominant Vata energy in their body. However, if this energy is out of balance, then you will suffer from problems such as dry skin, joint pain, anxiety, and constipation.
3. Kapha: Associated with the Earth and Water, this energy controls the growth and strength of your body. This energy provides water to each and every body part, keeps your skin moisturised, and helps maintain the immune system. Those with a predominant Kapha energy are usually calm in nature. If this energy is out of balance, then it might result in problems such as sinus, insecurity, obesity, gallbladder issues, and diabetes.
• As per Ayurveda, a number of factors such as unhealthy lifestyle and diet, stress, and other issues can upset the balance between all the three Doshas. This imbalance leaves you vulnerable to various diseases.
What does Research say?
• Some researchers were conducted on the Ayurvedic Principles and their effect on human health. Researchers concluded that by understanding the Dosha’s of a patient and his or her Prakriti, healthcare professionals could determine whether the patient is at risk of developing certain health conditions or not. A study published in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine in 2013 established the same fact. The researchers used the principles of Ayurveda to identify the population which is at greater risk of developing Parkinson’s disease. The study concluded that people with the highest rate of Vata Prakriti or having a dominant Vata Dosha were prone to develop Parkinson’s disease.
• Ayurveda uses a number of remedies for addressing health-related issues. Spices, herbs and other Ayurveda products and Ayurveda remedies are used for preparing special concoctions known as Rasayana. In Ayurvedic practices, Panchakarma is a common purification remedy for removing toxins from your system.
• A study published in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine Research found that Ayurveda remedies are highly effective in treating various physical and chronic disorders. The researchers studied the effectiveness of Ayurveda products and Ayurveda remedies on hypertension, depression, anxiety, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, sleep disorders, and Alzheimer’s disease.
• The joint study conducted by the World Health Organisation and Ayurvedic Trust (a charitable healthcare trust) in the1970s tested the effectiveness of Ayurveda remedies and treatments in patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. The study concluded that Ayurveda treatments are both safe and effective and provide symptomatic relief without any negative side effects.
• A study published in the journal called Cardiology in Review in 2005 suggests that Ayurvedic remedies and healing practices that include yoga, meditation, diet, and use of herbal preparations are effective in treating heart ailments and reduce the symptoms of hypertension. It suggests that Yoga helps in treating anxiety and improves the quality of life.
How Ayurveda Works?
• Ayurveda treats a disease as a disharmony. In other words, any disbalance between the energy flow between the mind, body, and soul causes disease. Ayurvedic healing practices consider your entire body systems including your mind, organs, and the flow of your thoughts for diagnosing and treating the disease. Rather than treating just your body, Ayurveda focuses on finding the root cause of the disease or disorder and then eliminate it.
• Ayurveda is not all about herbs and spices. The Ayurvedic remedies and Ayurveda products involve a number of other substances such as honey, ghee, rock salt, various types of oils, minerals, molasses, self-fermented alcohol, and ashes. While herbs are one of the major ingredients used in preparing the Ayurvedic products and medicines, Ayurveda uses various other compounds as well. In some cases, these compounds are used as carriers to enhance the performance of the medicine.
• Ayurveda involves a number of specialities. Ayurveda has total eight branches which includes internal medicine (Kayachikitsa), Surgery (Shalya Tantra), paediatrics (Kaumara bhrutyam); rejuvenation (Rasayanam), psychiatry (Bhuta vidya); diseases above the shoulders or problems related to Ear, Nose, and Throat (shalakya tantra), toxicology (Vishagara-Vairodh Tantra), and aphrodisiacs (Vajikaranam). Each of these specialities addresses each and every complexity of the human body and mind.
From ages, Ayurveda remedies and products have been trusted for holistic healing. It is a perfect amalgamation of traditional medicine and science. Next time if you are considering alternative medicine for healing, let us help you in your healing process. Check our wide range of Ayurvedic products today at https://www.jmdmedico.com/shop/